Stormsure launches a new silicone adhesive into its range of Adhesive and Sealants.
This is a special “non staining” silicone as it does not produce any oily residue as it cures. So it can be used on marble, masonry and stonework in the construction industry, as well as for découpage in the craft and hobby market. Our silicone is translucent and will show the underlying base colour when it has cured.
- Waterproofing: Silicone sealants are widely used for sealing joints and gaps in various applications to prevent water penetration. They are effective in sealing around tent seams, aquarium glass, windows, doors, bathtubs, showers, sinks, and other plumbing fixtures.
- Construction: Silicone sealants are utilised in construction projects for sealing expansion joints, concrete cracks, decorative stonework (you need stainless silicone for this), floors, and ceilings. They provide durability and flexibility, allowing for movement without compromising the seal.
- Automotive: Silicone sealants and adhesives find applications in the automotive industry for sealing windscreens, windows, and headlights. They are also used for bonding gaskets, weatherstripping, and various components in the engine compartment.
- Electrical Insulation: Silicone-based adhesives are often used for electrical insulation and bonding. They provide excellent heat resistance and can withstand high temperatures, making them suitable for securing wires, potting compounds, connectors, and electronic components.
- HVAC Systems: Silicone sealants are commonly employed in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. They are used to seal ductwork joints, gaps around vents, and HVAC equipment connections to prevent air leaks and improve energy efficiency.
- Glass and Metal Bonding: Silicone adhesives are ideal for bonding glass and metal surfaces. They create a strong and durable bond, making them suitable for glass-to-glass or glass-to-metal applications like attaching mirrors, bonding glass panels, or securing metal trim.
- Kitchen and Bathroom Applications: Silicone sealants are frequently used in kitchens and bathrooms due to their resistance to moisture and mildew. They are used for sealing sinks, countertops, backsplashes, and various fixtures, providing a water-tight and hygienic seal.
- DIY Projects: Silicone sealants and adhesives are versatile and widely used in various DIY projects. They can be used for many handicrafts, repairs, and household applications such as fixing leaks, attaching decorations, or bonding different materials together.
- Marine and Outdoor Applications: Silicone sealants are highly resistant to weathering, UV rays, and saltwater, making them suitable for marine and outdoor applications. They are used for sealing boat windows, hatches, and fittings, as well as for outdoor sealing and bonding projects.
- Medical and Food-Grade Applications: Silicone-based sealants and adhesives that meet specific certifications and regulations can be used in medical and food-grade applications. They are employed in the assembly of medical devices, sealing food containers, and other applications requiring biocompatibility.